Saturday, August 27, 2011

Granada, Nicaragua, August 27, 2011

I'm not good at keeping a diary, nor at remembering all that I want to, nor keeping up with folks, so this is my attempt at keeping in contact with the people in my life & saving and savoring memories. And Warren doesn't use Facebook (!), so I wanted to post pictures where he would see them...

I am in Nicaragua. Originally Warren and I came for a month to tutor kids (chavalos as they call them here) at Empowerment International. Warren was to tutor math and science and I was to tutor English to kids from the local barrio. I was pretty nervous about tutoring kids, since I didn't have any teaching experience, but it's been a very rewarding experience. So rewarding and fulfilling that I have extended my trip by two months. Warren has been very supportive - he knows how happy I am here and he knows the Nica kids, too.

It's almost 11 pm here, but I wanted to get started tonight - Betty Owen inspired me to do a blog - you are never too old to try something new. So, more later....

2 comments:

dianne said...

Hi anita, finally saw how I could link with you, I am so glad you are continuing your quest. We will see eachother again someday on earth or in heaven.
Love you, Dianne

Unknown said...

Hopefully before heaven! Guate is still in my heart and I think you will see us again there, but let me know if you come to Reno!