Saturday, August 23, 2014

We're in the Carson City news!

Warren & I have been living with our host families a week now in the Department (like a state) of Carazo.  This is my first weekend joining him at his host site - he will come to my site next week and then we will rotate each weekend.  His is more rural than my site and we both have great host families and food (I don't think I'll be losing weight in these first 3 months). 

 

Next week we start meeting up with the teachers we will co-teach with...Warren for 6th graders, and me with 4th graders.  I got a chance to briefly observe "my" class Thursday and got pretty excited about it.  The teacher is enthusiastic and welcoming and there are about 20-25 in the class, more boys than girls.  We are there for the Natural Science classes and will work with them on a school garden, a compost pile, and little tree nursery (I don't know what trees yet).

 

We've got lots of stuff to read up on, so we're "doing our homework" today.

 

A Facebook friend posted an article there that she saw in an online Carson City news site that talks a bit about our Peace Corps thing.  Here's the link:

 

http://www.carsonnow.org/story/08/22/2014/carson-city-couple-picked-peace-corps-assignment-nicaragua

 

See you later!

 

Anita




1 comment:

Unknown said...

My name is Lourdes. Mr. Shaul was my science teacher my senior year in Dayton High School(2011). He always had a smile on his face. And I saw how much he loved to teach science....and when I saw you and him on the Carsonnow.org I was so happy for you two. And I just wanted to say thank you for what you two are doing. :) Tell Mr. Shaul I say hello. I hope he remembers me.